Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: I did it!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member auri's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2004
    Posts
    543
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    After much should-I, shouldn't-I, I ordered AGOT 14. Basically, I've decided not to wait for AG to do a 1950s girl but to go ahead and do my own. After going through outfits for Molly plus AGOT outfits, I put together a wardrobe that looks great (she ice skates, camps out, tap dances, goes fishing, hikes, plays the violin, etc.). I even have a Gotz friend doll for her. I've decided the cream trestle bed and armoire will make good bedroom furniture, probably with 50-ish bedding I'll make, and I've got a set of Adirondack chairs with a table that remind me of furniture I saw in the 1950s. I even found a miniature Disney book and miniature figurines of Mickey and Minnie (she goes to Disney Land when it opens in 1954). Now I just need a name. Can't wait for her to get here!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member jlogemann17's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    congraulations on the new doll!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member wildpony's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 9th, 2005
    Posts
    570
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Congrats! Make sure to tell us when you decide on a name [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member MaryCarly's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 20th, 2004
    Posts
    1,010
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It sounds like you are having lots of fun! Congratulations on your new arrival. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Felicity_Fan85
    Guest Felicity_Fan85's Avatar

    Post

    Linda was a popular name in the 50's. Congrats on your new girl!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member uktmw's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 5th, 2006
    Posts
    268
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    OOOO! I hope you plan on making an album! I can't wait to see [img]graemlins/camera.gif[/img] 's of her on her adventures (especially the Disney ones!)

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Janabanana's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 30th, 2002
    Posts
    107
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sounds awesome! An album would be great! Bunnybear makes some very cute dresses and sells on Ebay. Many of them are from that era! Connie, Debbie, Susan, Becky, Donna, and many more common names from the 50's!

  8. #8
    MapleLeaf
    Guest MapleLeaf's Avatar

    Post

    Great idea! I'll look forward to seeing some of your pictures.
    Nia [img]smile.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    HB Forum Owner Kaileyfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2005
    Posts
    1,752
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Congrats!Make sure to post pics.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member AGcrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 17th, 2006
    Posts
    338
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Very cool idea! I don't know what 14 looks like without seeing the AG site but the name Sandy pops in my brain I guess because of the musical Grease being in the 50s. Have fun, it sounds like a great project! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •